The American Heart Association is hosting United Heathcares annual ABQ Heart Walk on Saturday, June 9, 2018.
Attendees can participate in a 5K walk, a vendor expo, free health screenings, Ninja Park obstacle course, ADA-friendly chair yoga, games and entertainment, a Kids Zone, even a dog-friendly Doggie Depot.
Registration for the event is free and walkers are eligible for prizes. The goal is to raise $175,000 dollars.
Check-in is at 8:30 a.m. and starts at 9:00 at Hoffmantown Church at 8888 Harper Rd NE, Albuquerque, NM 87111
For Directions, click here.
- Event set-up begins, you may arrive through any of the parking gates shown on the attached site map from 6:30am-8:00am. Parking entrances will be closed temporarily starting at 8:30am-10:30am.
- All vendors must be completely set up and ready to go (Includes: education area, field sponsors, and Heart Healthy Food Square)
8:25 AM - 8:38 AM
- Pre-walk/yoga stretch in front of main stage
8:38 AM - 8:50 AM
- Opening Remarks & Introductions to the 2018 Heart Walk
8:50 AM - 8:55 AM
- Runners & Walkers will assemble at the Start Line & Yogis will assemble on the field
- 5k Runners start, followed by the 1K Walkers and lastly the 5K Walkers
9:00 AM - 9:25 AM
- ADA Chair Yoga begins (25-minutes class), 9:45 AM - 10:10 AM 2nd Chair Class
- Heart Health Food Square opens
10:30 AM - 11:30 AM
- Team/Company Photos offered by Liz Lopez
10:45 AM - 11:30 AM
- DJ plays more interactive music: line dancing, Macarena, etc.
11:30 AM - 12:30 PM
- Clean-up begins